Life-saving medical emergency and organ shipments.
MEDEVAC is a service American Airlines provides in conjunction with Air Traffic Control for time-critical, life-saving medical emergency and organ shipments. Urgently-needed medical materials or vital organs for transplant are shipped via our Priority Parcel Service (PPS) and expedited by Air Traffic Control as necessary.
- Dedicated, proactive monitoring throughout the shipping process
- Transport on the first, quickest flight to the final destination
- Expedited aircraft with the help of Air Traffic Control
- Special labeling to ensure enhanced visibility and care
- Expedited recovery and specialized handling at the destination
- Money-back guarantee for 100% of freight charges*
* Excludes weather and other uncontrollable incidents
How it works
- Request the MEDEVAC designation for a shipment via the American Airlines Cargo Helpdesk at least two hours in advance of the shipment.
- American will create an AWB (Air Waybill) and make the necessary MEDEVAC arrangements with Air Traffic Control.
- Once MEDEVAC arrangements are finalized, the aircraft receives a special MEDEVAC designation and the flight is then granted the most direct flight path to the destination in addition to receiving a higher landing priority.
To book a MEDEVAC shipment, contact the American Airlines Cargo Helpdesk:
- 800-334-5299 (option 1)
- +1-817-355-6800 (option 1) for International Customers