In good hands.
Entrusted by museums and financial institutions all around the world, we transport the world’s most precious cargo with the utmost care and precision.
The finer things in life deserve special treatment. That’s why our team goes above and beyond to handle high value cargo with exceptional care from drop-off to pick-up.
We have invested in secure facilities that are locked down tight and kept under surveillance throughout the entire journey. Not only do we treat your shipments with exquisite care, we monitor them until they reach their destination. And with a network of more than 320 airports in 60 countries, there's no shortage of destinations.
Ready to move your sensitive shipment? Contact your sales representative or call 800-CARGOAA (or 1-817-335-6706 if international) to get started.
How we moved 13,000 pounds of Summer Palace treasures to the US »
Valuable Cargo Information
We classify valuable cargo items as 1) those with a declared value of $5,000 USD (or more) and shipped within or between the U.S. (including the Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada or 2) those with a declared value of more than $1,000 USD per gross kilogram that originated in a non-U.S. country (except the U.K., GBP 450 or more per gross kilogram) or are exported from the U.S. or Canada. We know valuable cargo requires special handling, so certain restrictions may apply. In other instances, regardless of the value declared, the following items are also considered to be valuable cargo and may be subject to certain rules and restrictions:
- Works of art
- Bills of exchange, bonds and bullion
- Currency and coinage of any denomination, declared value or quantity
- Data tapes containing sensitive personal data
- Deeds and dore bullion
- Evidences of debt
- Furs, fur clothing and fur-trimmed clothing
- Gold bullion (cut or uncut, coined or uncoined), cyanides, dust or sulfides
- Jewelry (other than costume jewelry)
- Promissory notes
- Platinum and precious metals
- Securities, negotiable
- Silver bullion (cut or uncut, coined or uncoined), concentrates, cyanides, precipitates or sulfides
- Stamps and postage or revenue
- Stock certificates
- Watches (horological instruments, chronometers)
We do have a valuation charge for these items, which is seventy-five (75) cents for each $100 USD (or fraction thereof) over the value of our liability, plus 6.25 percent tax. (subject to change)
Please make sure shipments of extraordinarily high value meet the following requirements:
- Provide an accurate and specific description on all documents.
- No indication of the nature of the contents or value should appear on the outer packaging.
- They should arrive at their destination between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Friday (except holidays).
- Shipments will not be accepted more than three hours before a scheduled flight's departure time.
- Shipments may only be picked up between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Cargo shipments valued above $500,000 USD or animal shipments valued above $1,500 USD should receive prior approval from the American Airlines Manager of Corporate Insurance. Our customer service representative will submit the request for approval.
- Shipments must be packaged in sealed containers of at least 1,728 cubic inches (example: 12" x 12" x 12") and have a minimum top-loading capability of 75 pounds per square foot.
Exception: Coins and jewelry (other than costume) packaging should be in sealed and banded metal or wooden boxes of at least 1,728 cubic inches.
- Articles of high value may not be included in shipments with regular articles.
- Articles moving under carrier's customs bond must be tendered as a separate shipment from any other items that are not moving "in bond."
- The shipper must state in writing that the consignee will pick up the shipment within three hours after the scheduled flight's arrival time. If the consignee fails to pick up the shipment within this time frame, an armored vehicle or vehicle with an armed guard may be hired and all charges will be attached to the shipment.